Monday, November 13, 2006

Manchester… home sweet home, for now

After almost two months of gallivanting about Europe, arriving at Manchester was a welcome rest stop even if my room was the minimum legal size for accommodation in the UK and situated smack-bang in the middle of the ghetto. Not only that, but I had to become accustomed to sharing a toilet and shower with 3 other chaps. And despite the fact that my window didn’t fully shut, springs protruded through my mattress and the walls were paper thin, I was somewhat soothed by the mint coloured motif of my room (or as I affectionately describe it – Prada green). And on the upside, I have awesome flatmates!

The first few days were a lot of fun. New flat, new friends, new bars to drink at. The local “Squirrel’s Bar” and “Robinskis” were soon to become household names. But merely 2 days after arriving in Manchester, I was off to Edinburgh for a visit to my old stomping ground and to wreak some more havoc with the one they call Holden.




I especially like how my feet can touch the desk from my bed


Quite a pleasant view over Sycamore Court

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home