Monday, July 31, 2006

Thanks to everyone who came to see me off on Saturday night. After numerous discussions, I've managed to unravel most of the happenings of the night. And thanks again to everyone for all the shots. My jeans will never be the same again (and neither will Erica's boots). Highlights from the night include, but are not limited to, having 10 Moreton Bay bugs (as opposed to the normal 4) for dinner, getting calls at 8pm asking me why I wasn't at my own party yet, singing "Ring of Fire" to the dismay of onlookers, convincing someone who had left the party and was already at home to come back, Nick's attempted tackle on Cam, Nick successfully headbutting me, getting a cab home from Manchuria (via St Kilda) and waking up with my top on, but no pants...

First stop Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia aka Food Fest 2006. A typical day consists of multiple bouts of food, sleep and TV. You name the food and I can say with 95% confidence that I would have consumed it over the past week. Aside from all the food, I am literally getting spoilt senseless. There is a brand new air conditioner installed in my room (an essential item for the ridiculous humidity), a brand spanking new big fat screen slimline TV, a collection of every DVD ever produced, a Por Por who is waiting on me hand and foot, a maid who cleans up my mess and sewed up the hole in my boxer shorts (without me even asking) - brilliant!

Besides that, I haven't done anything except maybe purchase a camera to help document / remember what happens overseas (my memory gets a little hazy at times). It has been great. Instead of working 18 hour days, I have been sleeping 18 hour days. Finally I've managed to ditch the bags under my eyes!

Now, I can hear London calling.... Scones and tea it is.

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Any updates coming?!

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home